Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday, Sackcloth & Ashes, & An Open Apology

Repentance is good for the soul, just don't take it too far,
 you might kill yourself.
I think I need to publicly repent.  The tone of previous posts are sanctimonious and condescending, I urge you to read them and judge for yourself.  I was wrong for this, I apologize.  Oh well, I'm human, enough said.

It is difficult to contain myself on these issues I have been so well-acquainted with for so long.  From my earliest memories of Reagan beating Carter in 1980.  What a grander, simpler time.  I loved that Styrofoam red, white, and blue hat my older brother stole and broke in two.  I miss my simple days of proud Republican affiliation without conditions.  Oh well, neoconservatives are humans too, I forgive you.  I just don't think you should have power anymore.

Today is much more important than politics, even since politics became necessary during the start of human beings first use of agriculture, trade, and wealth began 6,000-9,000 years ago.  Politics, as dirty, corrupt, and unjust as it has always been, was much better than the alternative form of settling who's in charge; killing opponents and full-scale war.

Today is about the human race having the option to be spiritual instead of just an animal.  The greatest among this planet have been misunderstood as the evil in their time, but did what is right anyway.  This shuts my mouth.  Do I have the internal strength of character to do what's right in the face of being misunderstood as the problem by those I most care about saving?

Humbly,
Lawrence A. Feriozzi

No comments:

Post a Comment